All Certificants, Agencies and Universities:
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 Coronavirus and all of its consequences. CPRS has announced it will hold an in person conference in March 2022. The conference will be in Sacramento March 8-11th. Information concerning a Therapeutic Recreation Institute will be available from CPRS or the T.R. Section.
As we announced previously CBRPC now accepts up to 2.0 CEU’s (20 hours) of on-line courses, webinars, and classes. Please be sure that the courses you take are certified and will apply to Recreation Therapy. Follow the application guidelines when you renew. You MUST have an accredited Provider number on all certificates that are submitted. Failure to have a provider number will slow your renewal process.
Remember that 2019 was the LAST year to take Safety related courses, Computer courses or work skill training courses (unless specific to RT). Beginning with the June 2021 cycle these courses will no longer count toward your CEU’s.
It is with great sadness that I inform you that Jan Tolan has passed away. Jan was instrumental in creating professional pathways for recreation professionals both in her personal life and in her life’s work. She taught many years at CSUN, served on the TR Executive Board and served on the CBRPC Board. She worked tirelessly to promote play and other theories of applied recreation. There will be a service for Jan in Georgia. Cards can be sent via her daughter (Tami Dedels) to: 2809 Ethridge Rd., Jefferson GA 30549. Jan will be truly missed.
Below you will find some job opportunities in the field. CBRPC does not endorse any organization over another. This information is strictly for communication.
MHM Services of California, a Centurion company, is proud to provide healthcare staffing to the California Department of State Hospitals. We are currently seeking a Certified Recreational Therapist to join our Team at Atascadero State Hospital located in Atascadero, California.
The Certified Recreational Therapist provides rehabilitative programs and services through appropriate patient assessment, service planning, therapeutic activities, discharge planning, and community reintegration to develop, maintain, or restore physical, emotional, and social competencies of the patients. The therapist will provide recovery focused treatment activities and participate on the treatment teams of patients assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy or closely related field.
- Music, Art or Dance Therapist will be considered
- Completion of an approved clinical internship in the appropriate rehabilitation specialty in an approved hospital or rehabilitation center affiliated with the college.
- Individuals who are registered or certified with the appropriate therapy association but have not completed a clinical internship because it was not a component of the academic program at the time are required to have completed a minimum of two years’ full-time paid experience in a clinical, residential, or community-based setting after receipt of the required degree to be admitted into the exam.
- CBRPC certification preferred.
- Must be able to pass security background clearance
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off (over 30 days)
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
- Full Time Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30
Please email resume to email@example.com or call Recruiter Mary at 858-602-9335
2. The link below will take you to jobs offered by the government
We have not found a solution to administering the Recreation Therapy exam online. We are looking at several options that will meet the needs of our professionals. CBRPC appreciates the patience that the applicants have exhibited. We hope to have an answer for you very soon. The next face to face RTC/RC exams will be given in November 2021 and March 2022. Contact the CBRPC office for more information.
The CBRPC office is open Monday – Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Please note that we are experiencing reception difficulties at the new office. We are working to correct this, however, if you experience no answer or dropped calls this is the reason. If you get through to the voice-mail please leave a message that can be returned (including an extension). The best way, at this time, to reach the CBRPC office is by email or text. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused our certificants or agencies.
JoAnn Jones-Lopez MS, RTC, RC